I was on clean up duty after hosting my maw's surprise 60th birthday party. I had to really attack a couple of nasty broilers. Cleaning broiler pans could be an adventure in itself, but a little patience in soaking the gunk in hot water and suds makes things go a bit easier.
My next step was some cautious exploratory action:
I could feel that a warshcloth had made its way down into the disposal and seized the blades once I turned on the switch. C'mon! My instincts took over and I yanked the crap out of the rag until it finally broke free. Unfortunately, there were still enough threads stuck in the blades to keep things seized. These threads wouldn't budge, even with my trusty Hemostats (my M.V.T., Most Valuable Tool).
Out of desperation, I tried the reset button (found underneath the unit), even though I knew that this would do no good as I was still getting power to the motor, hence the humming noise.
|this is a dark picture, but note the red reset button.|
|Here's where you stick your 1/4" wrench|
|Check it out! The caddy is complete! No missing allens at home.|
I tested the unit after freeing up most of the threads... SUCCESS!!!